Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Maybe it's summer. Maybe it's not.


Yesterday, I had my first full day of work here , and I'm not sure if it's the hour drive (each way -- luckily, I had a tape of these guys, these blokes, and this band to liven things up), or the fact that I had to be awake at the very non-rockandroll hour of seven in the morning to make it on time, or the fact that there was a bit of a snafu in the bookstore getting me all of the desk copies that I need (of course, this poor sap is the one who ends up looking like an irresponsible chump), but after a full seven hours of sleep, I feel kind of washed-out... good thing I got some of this stuff to help me out...

***


Not that it was all bad. The students seem -- for the most part -- pretty respectful and willing to learn, and even kind of cool. And I know from cool.

And the staff, and other faculty members were more than helpful.

And I love teaching. I pretty much slipped right back into it after a year-long 'sabbatical' from the gig.


***

Found this news story through the good folks at Indymedia.org. And if it weren't so scary, I'd be laughing my ass of right now.

***


To Mark M., Jeff H., and anyone else I owe mixed CDs to. I'm sorry. I'll get 'em to you soon, possibly at the show on friday, which starts at *ahem* 10:30 PM.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I accidentally just listened to part of "The Goods..." from your Myspace account on my first day of work. Luckily no one passed by during the "MOTHER FUCKIN YEAH!!!" part. Or maybe unluckily...

2:19 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuckin' killer -- i'm really gonna have to figure out a way to actually play that song live...

4:08 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home